Burn Cases Lawyer – Santa Monica, CA
If you or a loved one has recently suffered a serious injury due to a burn, connect with a burn cases lawyer Santa Monica, CA residents trust, and please do so as quickly as you can. Depending upon the circumstances surrounding the burn injury in question, you may be entitled to significant compensation at this time. However, it is important to schedule a risk-free consultation with Cohen Injury Firm sooner rather than later for two primary reasons. First, the law only gives injury victims so long to seek compensation before they’re barred from pursuing what would otherwise be rightfully theirs. Second, acting fast can help to ensure that any important evidence relevant to your case is swiftly preserved.
Common Burn Scenarios that May Result in Cause for Legal Action
No two burn cases ever unfold under the exact same circumstances. As a result, your burn case is unique and we will treat your circumstances with the unique focus, attention to detail, and respect that they deserve. With that said, there are some personal injury scenarios resulting in burn injuries that give rise to causes for legal action particularly often. Some of the most common burn-related cases that our firm handles include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals in the workplace
- Residential fires
- Defective product injuries
- Recreational fires
- Scalding water scenarios
- Electrical fires
Regardless of what the particulars of your situation may be, our firm can help you to clarify your rights and options under the law. If you’re owed compensation, we’ll pursue the maximum amount of compensation to which you’re entitled under the circumstances.
Who Can File a Burn-Related Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Successful personal injury lawsuits are filed by injury victims who have suffered as a result of another’s conduct. The defendants named in such cases can be individuals, businesses, and even government entities. For example, you may be in a position to file a lawsuit against a property manager and the manufacturer of a defective product. Or, perhaps you are in a position to file a lawsuit against a drunk driver and the government agency tasked with maintaining safe road conditions.
Whatever the unique circumstances that you’re facing may be, the skilled legal team at Cohen Injury Firm may be in a strong position to file a successful lawsuit on your behalf if the following three legal criteria apply to your injurious circumstances:
- The party named as a defendant in your lawsuit owed you a “duty of care” under the law. In a personal injury context, a duty of care essentially means that the party was legally-bound – in some way or another – to minimize the risk that they would cause you harm. For example, your landlord has a duty to install and maintain proper fire alarm systems in their residential building.
- The party named as a defendant in your lawsuit behaved recklessly, negligently, or tried to cause you harm on purpose and breached their legal duty of care in the process. For example, your landlord failed to maintain fire alarms in your building.
- The party named as a defendant in your lawsuit directly caused your injuries (totally or in part) as a result of their breached legal duty. For example, your landlord’s failure to properly maintain fire alarms caused you to be alerted to the presence of fire too late to escape the danger unscathed.
If you’re unsure of whether your case meets these legal criteria, that’s okay. It’s our job to understand the ins and outs of the law and how they apply to different circumstances. All you need to do is schedule a risk-free consultation so that we can evaluate your situation in a thorough and objective matter. If we believe that you have strong grounds upon which to file a case, we’ll tell you so. If we believe that filing a personal injury suit isn’t a viable option for your circumstances, we’ll tell you so.
Special Considerations for Workers Who Have Suffered Burns
If you have suffered burns in a work-related scenario, make sure to tell the Santa Monica, CA burn cases lawyer team at Cohen Injury Firm that your injuries occurred while you were engaging in work-related activities. Individuals – both documented and undocumented – who have suffered injuries in a work context are often empowered to seek personal injury damages, workers’ compensation benefits, or both of these kinds of compensation. The kinds of compensation that you may be entitled to will depend upon the particulars of your situation:
- If you’re entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, you can pursue a benefits award (with very few circumstantial exceptions) even if the circumstances that led to your injuries were your fault.
- If you’re entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and your injuries weren’t your fault (or were only partially your fault), you can pursue a personal injury damages award if your case meets the criteria for these lawsuits noted above AND you can name a defendant for your lawsuit that isn’t your employer (as you can’t sue your employer directly if you’re eligible for workers’ comp benefits).
- If you’re not entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, you can pursue a personal injury damages award, provided that your situation meets the legal criteria for these lawsuits noted above.
Seek Personalized Legal Guidance Today
There are few things in life more painful and more challenging to recover from than burn injuries. Know that you don’t have to navigate the legal and financial challenges inspired by your burn injuries alone. The reputable legal team at Cohen Injury Firm has extensive experience representing the interests of burn victims and it would be our great honor to speak with you about your rights and options under the law. Once we’ve evaluated your case objectively and thoroughly, we can assist you with whatever informed decision you opt to make about your legal situation.
If you haven’t yet scheduled a risk-free consultation with a dedicated Santa Monica, CA burn cases lawyer at Cohen Injury Firm, please call or connect with our team online today. We look forward to assisting you.