Los Angeles bicycle accidents are typically scary for everyone involved but the magnitude of this can increase exponentially for victims of bicycle accidents that are caused by other people’s negligence. If you or a family member are going through difficult times after a Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer may be able to help.
Along with the physical pain, suffering, and emotional grief that often befalls bicycle accident victims and/or their families can come a mountain of new debts and deficits.
Money cannot take away someone’s pain, suffering, or other damages a bicycle accident has caused, nor can it bring a loved one back. Money often creates a huge amount of stress and burden on people who are affected by a serious bicycle accident. To help you with this, a good Los Angeles, CA bicycle accident lawyer may be able to shoulder the legal burdens of trying to hold the person or people who have caused you and your family pain, accountable for the damage they have caused.
Safety for Cyclists
Because of the potential for great harm while on a bicycle, it is imperative that cyclists take any and all safety measures that they can. Precautions that cyclists can take to protect themselves include but are not limited to:
- Wearing a helmet
- Wearing protective clothing that is reflective or has reflective strips
- Wearing a light on your helmet
- Placing reflectors on the front and rear of your bicycle
- Using lights on the front and back of your bicycle
- Riding with the traffic and in a bicycle lane when possible. Never ride a bicycle in traffic.
- When possible, avoid swerving
- Keeping a safe distance between yourself and other moving vehicles, as well as from parked vehicles and pedestrians.
- Using hand signals to alert other people on the road of your intentions such as when you are going to merge, turn or slow down, etc.
- Heeding to traffic laws, such as not rolling through stop signs or red lights when you think they are clear.
- Although taking the above precautions are great ways to limit your chances of getting seriously injured in a bicycle accident, accidents do happen and cyclists can get seriously injured or even killed in them.
If you are looking for a highly-rated bicycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles, CA, contact the dedicated team at Cohen Injury Law Group any time of the day or night, any day of the year, for a free case evaluation and consultation.