Bus Accident Lawyer Los Angeles, CA
Why Choose Cohen Injury Law Group, P.C. for Your Bus Accident Claim
If you were injured in a bus accident recently, you may want to get in touch with a bus accident lawyer Los Angeles, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. The lawyer at Cohen Injury Law Group emphasizes how terrifying it is to be in a bus accident and wants to help you get justice. These lawyers have a true passion for helping their clients and will go the extra mile for them.
At Cohen Injury Law Group the lawyers possess extensive knowledge of California bus accident laws and experience negotiating with insurance companies. They will handle communication with the defendant’s insurance company and work relentlessly to build you a strong case. In the meantime, you can focus on recovering from your injuries. These legal professionals will keep you informed about your case and return your phone calls promptly. They value each and every one of their clients and will never keep them in the dark about their case. If you ever have any questions or concerns about your case, you should never hesitate to voice them with these lawyers.
How a Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help
Buses provide a convenient and affordable transportation option in the Los Angeles area. However, just like regular vehicles, buses can get into accidents and cause major damage. If you were a passenger in a bus or a driver hit by a bus, it is important to consult a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. Here are a few benefits of hiring a bus accident lawyer:
- Establish liable parties. In some bus accidents, the bus driver is the only liable party. However, in other bus accidents, there is more than one responsible party. For instance, if a bus crashes due to poor maintenance, the bus company can also be held responsible. A skilled lawyer can help you establish all the liable parties and maximize your compensation.
- Know the true value of your case. If you do not have a legal background, you might not know the actual value of your case. That is what your bus accident lawyer is there for. He or she knows the true value of your injuries and other damages sustained in the bus accident.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. When you are an accident victim, you want to limit your communication with the defendant’s insurance company as much as possible. Otherwise, they may try to take advantage of you and devalue your case. You could accidentally say the wrong thing while talking to the insurance company. That is another good reason to have a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer on your side. A lawyer has plenty of experience negotiating with insurance companies and will not let them take advantage of you.
- Reduce stress. Getting injured in a bus accident is bad enough. You do not need the added stress of handling your own injury claim. A bus accident lawyer Los Angeles, CA residents trust can handle all the legwork, reducing your stress and allowing you to concentrate on getting better.
- Represent you in court. While most bus accident claims get settled out of court, there is always a chance that your case will go to trial. If the insurance company isn’t willing to offer a fair settlement, it may be in your best interest to go to trial. Going to court can be very overwhelming and difficult, so it is essential to have an experienced accident lawyer on your side. He or she will present a strong argument to the jury and improve your chances of achieving a favorable outcome.
- Offer objectivity. Suffering injuries in a bus accident can definitely make you more emotional. Unfortunately, these emotions may cloud your judgment and cause you to make poor decisions. For example, you may consider accepting a low settlement offer just to get everything over with. A skilled lawyer can provide the objectivity you need during this time.
- Prevent you from hurting your case. When you are pursuing a bus accident claim, you have to be especially careful about what you say, especially to the defendant’s insurance company. If you say the wrong thing, they can use that against you in court. An experienced Los Angeles bus accident lawyer can inform you of what you should and should not say. He or she can prevent you from potentially damaging your case.
- Motivated to help you. Most bus accident lawyer work on a contingency basis. This means that they only get paid if you win your case. That is why they tend to be more motivated to work hard for their clients. After all, if you do not win their case, they do not get paid.
Common Injuries Suffered in Bus Accidents
Bus accidents are very large vehicles, so they are more likely to cause serious injuries in the event of an accident. Here are some of the most common bus accident injuries:
- Head injuries. Head injuries are one of the most severe injuries in a bus accident and can occur when passengers strike their heads on a window or seat. Symptoms of a head injury include loss of consciousness, headaches, nausea, confusion, and blurred vision. Severe head injuries can have long-term effects, like cognitive difficulties and problems with speech. Long-term rehabilitation and assistive devices may be necessary.
- Broken bones. The force of a bus accident can be very powerful and result in broken bones. Victims can break bones in their arms, legs, hands, hips, and even ribs. Broken bones are very painful and can take a while to recover from. Victims may even have to take extended time off work. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be needed.
- Whiplash. If a passenger’s head jolts back and forth suddenly during a bus accident, he or she could sustain whiplash. As a bus accident lawyer Los Angeles, CA residents trust can confirm, that neck injury can cause neck pain and stiffness, shoulder pain, and dizziness. Sometimes whiplash symptoms are not immediately apparent, but it’s still important to seek immediate medical care. If whiplash isn’t treated promptly, it can lead to chronic neck pain.
- Back injuries. Bus accident victims can also suffer various back injuries, which may dramatically impact their life. Herniated discs are one of the most common back injuries and can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the arms and legs. If herniated discs compress the nerve roots below the spine, emergency surgery may be necessary. Victims can also suffer back strains, back sprains, and spinal cord injuries.
- Scrapes and cuts. Compared to the other injuries on this list, scrapes and cuts might not seem that big of a deal. While they are rarely life-threatening, scrapes and cuts are nothing to make light of. Deep scrapes and cuts may result in infection or scarring without prompt treatment.
Even minor injuries can result in expensive medical bills. If you did not cause the accident, you should not be on the hook for thousands of dollars in medical bills. That is why it is important to pursue a timely claim to ensure your right to compensation.
Liable Parties in Bus Accidents
In a bus accident, the bus driver might not be the only responsible party. Sometimes there are multiple liable parties. For instance, if a bus company failed to adequately train a bus driver and he or she caused an accident, the bus company would be considered liable.
Determining every liable party in a bus accident can be tricky. If you do not know the specific liability laws in your state, you may have difficulty identifying all the liable parties. This is why it is worth it to work with an experienced Los Angeles bus accident lawyer. He or she will be able to identify all the liable parties in the accident and maximize your compensation.
How Long You Have to file a Bus Accident Claim in California
The statute of limitations refers to the time limit for bringing an accident claim. In California, you only have six months to file an accident claim against a bus company. That is not much time at all. Once that deadline has passed, you will no longer be eligible to receive compensation for your losses.
That is why it is so important to talk to a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer about your case as soon as possible. He or she will help you file a claim by the deadline and take a lot of stress off your back.
Free Consultation with a Bus Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you were hurt in a bus accident, you should schedule a free consultation with a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer soon. What happened to you was not fair and you deserve to be compensated for that. Since the legal professionals at Cohen Injury Group provide free initial consultations, there is absolutely no risk in setting up an appointment.